.A WORD FROM DEVLIN HAIR STUDIO
COVID-19 UPDATES & PROTOCOLS
To our amazing Guests….. We want to sincerely thank you for your patience during this challenging situation. The health, safety & well being of our guests, staff and community the most important to us. We have been working hard preparing for our reopening. At this time we do not have a reopening date but will update as we are made aware of when that becomes definite.
We know our guests expect the highest standards at Devlin Hair Studio and we are committed to providing that even during this reopening. We believe the safest way to handle the salon situation is to treat everyone, including ourselves, as if they could be infected. Our Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetologists who govern us have posted guidelines for salons. The staff will be having meetings to train on the new directives.
It’s understood that you all are eager to be rescheduled. We have had to cancel many appointments over the last 13 weeks. We will personally call each guest whose appointment was cancelled beginning March 22-28. To be fair to all, calls will be in order of original appointments. Also, we are regulated to work at 50% occupancy (stylists and clients). We will be extending and changing schedules to work within this regulation and try to accommodate as many clients as quickly as possible.
Again, we appreciate your patience as we navigate though this new challenge.
Some tips to help you navigate your salon visit-
• Only customers receiving a service will be allowed in the salon.
• No more than 5 clients will be allowed in the salon at any one time.
• Social distancing will be practiced inside the building and the salon. We will only be able to have a limited waiting area due to this consideration but will try to get everyone accommodated in a safe manner.
• We have set up an entry station for hand sanitizing and all cell phones must be wiped down with a sanitizing wipe. Please limit phone use while in the salon.
• Each area, tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized or disinfected between each client. This will requires additional time added to each appointment and thank you for understanding.
• Masks will be mandatory and provided. Please do not remove your mask during your visit. Masks are also required in the hallways of Leola Business Center.
• We will be temporarily suspending complimentary services such as coffee and waters.
• Please, no food in the salon and only beverages in tightly covered containers (no straws).
• While we can still maintain your eyebrows we cannot offer facial waxing or beard/mustache grooming at this time.
• We expect to be inundated with phone calls. So that we can properly keep our focus on the visiting clients, all phone messages will be retrieved and returned at the end of a stylist’s shift.
• Please allow a few minutes to answer some simple symptom questions and consent form upon arrival.
• Please understand that if you are getting a color retouch you may have an up-charge for your service because of the need to use an increased amount of product to complete your service ($30 for color, $40 for bleach & toner).
• Prices have increased slightly due to higher costs incurred for extra mitigation practices now required. We hope to adjust the prices as we can eliminate some of the extra steps/supplies required.
• YES!!! We love you all and have missed you tremendously! However, please no hand shaking or hugging right now.
Rest assured, we hope to get back to a new normal and offering many of the things we’ve had to discontinue (coffee, waters, magazines).
Thank you again for your understanding and we look forward to seeing each one of you soon!